6 things we need to learn from Japan.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

I was doing up my Day 2 post for Japan and I realize I have so much to compliment about Japan. So I decided to do up a post on what I have observed in Japan and share it with you guys! 

1.) TRAIN STATIONS

(Photo credits to tumblr)

Just by mentioning train stations I have so much to say about it already. If you realize in the above picture, people actually do queue up to board the train. I know in people does it in Singapore now too but I still see people pretending not to see the queue and stand at the side waiting to cut queue when the trains come. Then when the train arrives everyone kanjiong spider want to rush in.  Back in Japan everyone was so calm, letting the people in the train to alight first before they board. Totally zero kanchiong spiders at Japan. 

There were no signs at the stations telling people to queue up and let people to alight first before boarding in Japan and people just does it themselves. Whereas in Singapore, SIGNS ARE EVERYWHERE and people still does it lol.

In Japan, they also have a culture of keeping quiet in the trains unlike Singapore, we have rowdy kids talking loudly on the trains like it's their own house.

2.) CLEANLINESS

(Photo credits to tumblr)

It's very hard to find a bin in Japan but surprisingly enough, their streets are pretty much cleaner than Singapore, despite the fact that we have bins everywhere.  They even allow eating on the trains and their trains/stations are totally free of litter. I cannot imagine if Singapore allows that; ice cream melting on the floor, bread crumbs on the seat... 

Sometimes I wonder where did we get the "Singapore is clean and green" from.

3.) PEOPLE HERE DO THINGS WITHOUT BEING ASKED TO


Elaborating from point 1 and 2, people here clear their own trays after eating. They also have bins to sort out the litters so people would just throw their litters in accordingly. And once again, there are no signs telling people that they are suppose to clear their trays. 

However, some places doesn't require you to clear but just to be safe I took the tray all the way to the trash area and the person there was telling me "oh you no need to clear the tray but still thank you for clearing!" and have such a huge smile on her face lol.


4.) PEOPLE HERE ARE HELPFUL


You know how troublesome it is to take off your winter jacket when you enter a shop and carry it on your hand due to the heater in the shops. So you have to carry it on your hand with your shopping bags and there were so many times my jacket is sweeping the floor and there were at least 5 people (in that shop) that came to me and tell me my jacket was sweeping the floor. Of course I couldn't understand them lah but they just tapped me and point to my jacket signaling to me. 

Another incident was at the train station where I was rushing for the subway to the airport and I dropped my gloomy bear without knowing and this lady stopped me and ask me to look behind. Then I saw my gloomy lying on the floor LOL. WTF I WAS SO THANKFUL COX THE BEAR WAS LIMITED EDITION SPRING VERSION ONE.

I know SOME singaporeans will do this too but I just need to highlight this cox I'm very amazed at the "jacket sweeping floor" incident. 


5.) PEOPLE HERE ENJOY THE OUTDOORS

(Photo credits to tumblr)

This was one of the sightings at the very famous Yoyogi Park. I realize people sit down at the big grass field under the Sakura trees having picnics, talking to each other, playing with their dogs, playing frisbees and all sorts of games. Nobody is using technology at all, just enjoying the nature with each other's companion. Do you see all this in Singapore ? Not at all. Even when we go out for picnics/outdoor activities you will see someone's head hung low looking at their phones. 

 They say Tokyo is the busiest city, but people here actually have time to enjoy the nature. What excuses does singaporeans have now?


6.) SERVICE LINE


Everyone practically greeted you like this.
(okay maybe not so exaggerating but they always greet you with enthusiasm)

This is probably the most amazing experience I had in Japan. Everyone working in the service line is super duper nice and they always have a smile on their face. From airports to atas clothing shops to fast food restaurants, all of their services really impressed me.

I was at Shibuya 109 shopping at Honey Bunch and this very cute shop assistant came to me and blabber alot of things to me in Japan although I couldn't understand a single thing lol so she took over all the new series of clothes that I was browsing for me to see and although I didn't buy a thing at the shop she still greeted me with a smile and speak some chinese to me! You tell me where you get this kind of service in Singapore ?! If you never buy they sure 'chaobin' (blackface) you one please.

"Walan eh laoniang talk so much you never buy knn"

Another thing I like about the service line is that they take alot of effort in serving you. In Singapore they charge you for everything: plain water that is clearly from the sink, wet tissues, ice packs etc. But in Japan all these comes free. I was totally impressed when I bought a sandwich and she just throw just weird blue packet of liquid into my paper bag and when I reached home I realize it was ice pack with a packet of wet tissue. You don't get such service in Singapore for sure.

And yep that's all for this post! 
See you guys soon in the next post! ;)
Copyright © fanfanfannyfan.blogspot.com
Editted by Fanny | Design by Fearne